Friday, January 22, 2010

Its a choice to be happy.

Today I sat in the office, unable to put myself together, feeling dazed…sad.. Cheated.. in fact most negative tots…yeah I was feeling depressed. Just then I decided to take a brief walk close by. And then i heard an outburst of sincere deep laughter,when i turned it was a group of brick layers in a biulding sight with tattered clothes and heavy dirty basin on top thier heads working and laughing. hmmm... unimaginable humour.

i wondered why they where that happy, with happy glows in thier eyes.

Just then i made a choice to be happy. most especially after comparing my life with thiers.

Psalm 107:1 says "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

Dear All, your circumstance is not the worst you can find and doesnt warrant bad attitudes.

Its a choice to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Yep! Truth be told. Reminds of a day at the fuel station some time last year. The chap at the pump while serving me looked me and said, "Oga you dey enjoy o".
    I told him driving a car didn't necessarily mean I was drowning an ocean of enjoyment. I then told him i could say the same for him. He then said "Oga na lie o,which enjoy".
    I compared him with someone who was roaming the streets with no clue of where the next meal will come from. At this point, he smiled and said "Well, oga na true sha".
    So we all always have to be happy no matter how bad it seems. A few lines from a song i jam to in my head when i'm down.
    Right on point Jay.

    ReplyDelete